Friday, October 31, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
This was fun. Pass it on.
1. One book that changed your life: Whatever Happened to the Gospel of Grace? J.M. Boice
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin
4. One book that made you laugh: Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
5. One book that made you cry: A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving
6. One book that you wish had been written: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
7. One book that you wish had never been written: Purpose Driven _______ , (this one you can fill in the blank with life, church....I once had the idea of a "Purpose Driven Race Car."
8. One book you’re currently reading: Mother Kirk by Douglas Wilson
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Above All Earthly Powers, by David Wells
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
This is huge!!! The ESV Study Bible will go on sale at Scripture Truth Book Co. on Oct. 15th. I'll post a link as soon as they're available to be purchased along with prices. The brown copy in the Tru-Tone leather will be available for $52.49.
I received an advance copy today and I must say it is the most remarkable study Bible I have ever seen! There are TONS of information in this Bible: It has chapters on Biblical Doctrine, Biblical ethics, interpreting the bible, how to read the Bible, how we got our canon of Scripture, cults and world religions, etc. etc.. I look for it to be one of the most valuable tools to ever be put into the hands of Christians in our generation.
Check back on Weds. for a link to purchase. Shipping charges will be somewhere around $4-5 dollars.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Let's give 'em another 700 billion and if that doesn't work...well, third time's a charm, right?
I've got a terrific idea, maybe the government can pass a law that would guarantee every business whether big or small will never fail! Wouldn't that be stupendous? Of course the catch is, none would ever be able to succeed either.--Griff
"In retrospect it becomes clear that hindsight is definitely overrated!"--Alfred E. Newman