Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mrs. Geraldine Lawson-Color Stage 2


I've "put the apple" into her face on this stage. The idea is to put splotches of red into areas where cartilage and blood vessels are closest to the surface of the skin. It looks strange in this early stage, but it seems to work as future thin opaque layers of flesh color will almost completely cover the bright red. If you want to see an example of this, look at the veins in your wrist...What color are they? They aren't red, but you can still see color there can you not? That's the effect I'm going for by doing this.

I've also glazed a bright scarlet red into the theatre curtain and it is literally sparkling! I'm very pleased with it. Also, I've glazed Raw Sienna on the columns on side and turquoise blue onto shirt. On the next stage I hope to concentrate on her face and cover it with an opaque flesh color.

No comments: