Friday, April 13, 2007

Happy Anniversary Laura!



One of my top 10 favorite songs of all time! I post it and dedicate it to my wife Laura. Tomorrow is our 6th Anniversary!



A little about the performers:

In 1967 while performing onstage in Virginia, Tammi Terrell collapsed onstage in the arms of Marvin Gaye. She suffered from a brain tumour and died shortly afterwards. She was 22 years old.

Marvin Gaye was shot and killed by his own father in April 1, 1984. He would have been 45 years old the following day. He is my favorite "singer" of all time. He was inducted into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame in 1987.

Ain't No Mountain High Enough is a beautiful song. I can barely listen to it without crying. It does not bring me sorrow, but it stirs something in me like joy. Yes, there was tragedy in the lives of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, but you can tell they were very much in love. I think it shows and you can hear it in their voices. I do not think two people could sing like that and it be so beautiful, if they were not in love. It has a simple charm that goes beyond explanation.

Happy Anniversary Laura. I love you!

4 comments:

Micah said...

Happy Anniversary you guys. Chris your such a sap! But, this will get you some great points with the old lady (no offense Laura). Love you all. Micah and Rita.

Micah said...

Sorry, not trying to be insensitive (i didn't read further down about the tragedy of these two lovers). It is a great song and I am truly happy for you two after 6 years. Love, Micah

P.S. You're still a sap.

Laura said...

Thank you hunny for being sappy...that's why you are called "hunny".

A big shout goes out to Micah for giving us the premartial counseling that has sustained us these six years and prayfully many more to come!!

Happy Anniversary to you too :)

Forever Yours,
Laura

Micah said...

Thanks for the kudos, but I guess the counseling to be about 1% as far as effectiveness in sustaining your marriage. Keep your eyes on Jesus and for each other only and He will preserve you for many more happy ones!