Friday, June 1, 2007

A Good and Happy Child


I just finished a book called A Good and Happy Child by Justin Evans. It was the scariest book I have ever read. I had a hard time sleeping for at least three nights! I do not recommend it for the faint at heart, but if you LIKE being scared, you will love it. The characters in this psychological thriller have depth and the dialogue is rich and realistic. It moves at a quick pace and keeps you guessing right up until the last page.

The main character has a fear, for some ODD reason, of holding his newborn son. He goes to see a psychiatrist and begins to remember some spooky events surrounding the death of his father almost 20 years before.

The book deals with demon possession and mental illness- not a light subject, but this young author from Lexington, Virginia handles the subject with respect and sensitivity . There is a bit of objectionable language, but not excessive. Considering the genre, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 Stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! I love book recommendations and I need a book for vacation. Thanks, Chris!

Does anyone else have any good recommendations????

Lita