Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Intimate Marriage

I was almost dreading to read The Intimate Marriage by R.C. Sproul. I thought to myself "oh no, not another pop-psychology book." But I am glad I read it. Although it was not a self-help book, I still found it to be quite beneficial. After all- this is Dr. Sproul, not Dr. Phil.
Sproul in his familiar style of humour and thoughtfulness addresses such issues as communication between couples, roles of husbands and wives, divorce, sex, etc. Did I mention sex? Sproul on sex...? Yeppie. Of course, in typical fashion, it is God-centered.
I found the book to be a little different from some of his others in that he uses a bit more of a personal touch than usual. He talks very lovingly of his wife Vesta and we get a little glimpse into their marriage. Over all, I gave it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments: