Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Grandpa Genoa-Stage 7


These Eyes da-da-d-d-daaaa!
They say the eyes are windows to the soul. Granpa Genoa's looks a little creepy at this stage. I have not put any color whatsoever into the eyes yet. Also his teeth have not been touched, (pure white canvas). I've got some ideas running 'round my head about how to paint the eyes after watching the Bee Movie last night. Hopefully it will bring him to life.
Blue...on the Face..? You're Kidding!
I painted thin layers of ultramarine blue on forehead, adam's apple, cheeks and chin, napthol red on nose, ears, lips and eyelid, burnt umber, burnt sienna in dark shadows, viridian green on background. On his WWII US Army Khaki shirt I painted napthol red and burnt sienna in the light parts and ultramarine blue in the darker shadows.

Cover it all With White
In the next stage I hope to scumble zinc white onto the face to lighten it up. Although his skin looks more life-like, he's getting a little darker with each successive layer of glaze. I gotta' lighten him up a little.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

His tie looks like it's coming out fo his shirt.