Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jumping Youngs-Grisaille Stage 2

Although you can see small bits of the orange imprimatura showing through, I now have paint completely covering the canvas on my grisaille or greyscale painting. Still much work to be done before I can begin adding color. They say the devil is in the details, but at least you can make out what is happening in the picture; three boys jumping in the air. I felt overwhelmed the last two painting sessions because I wanted to cover the imprimatura. My next session will hopefully be an emphasis on just one of the figures. Slow and steady wins the race!

1 comment:

Rudy Louie Tayong said...

Hi! i have seen your work and i am reading how you get to paint. I am also fond of painting, but i lack the Knowledge of Classical painting. you gave me a good example.
you see, i am trying to paint using CLASSICAL TECHNIQUES to express MODERN IDEAS.

thank you. you are a good help.

from: rudylouietayong@yahoo.com